Working from Home During Coronavirus
We Are Ready to Help
As the situation with coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to develop, CCG is ready to help minimize business disruption and keep your employees safe.
For many employees, especially those with school-age children, working from home has, or will become a necessity. If you don't have remote working capabilities, we may have some alternatives for you.
There are multiple ways to work from home. For customers who already have a cloud solution for day-to-day work, simply taking their work computer home might do the trick. But for those who use an in-house server, that might not be possible. Here are some suggestions that may work for you:
Work from Home Options
- Add or Use an Office VPN*
- Add a Cloud Syncing Service (Dropbox, for example)
- Use a Remote Desktop solution to access your work computer from home
*VPNs are entirely dependent upon available bandwidth, both at the office and at home. For CAD or design work, this is not a realistic option for most.
Readily Available Remote Desktop Solutions
Using our Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) tools, we can give your employees remote access to their work computer for very low cost.
- For Existing RMM customers, we can setup your individual employees with remote access to their work computers free of charge.
- If you do not have a contract, we can setup your individual employees with remote access to their work computers for $8/month/system; average $15/system setup cost; no long term commitment required.
- For do-it-yourself customers, or for those who want to own their own remote desktop system, we recommend Splashtop at splashtop.com. Plans start at $100/year.
VPNs and Cloud Services
If you are looking for longer-term solutions for remote working, we would be happy to discuss your options, and help you find a solution that fits your business workflow. Every business is different, and there are no one-size-fits-all solutions.
Things to consider when thinking about Remote Work:
- Which is better for you: access to your network, Cloud sharing, or remote access to your work computer?
- How much data do you have?
- How much bandwidth would you need to support your data?
- Does your home/remote location have enough bandwidth?
- Is your remote access solution secure?
Remote work is complicated, tools can get in your way and constantly disrupt your flow; or worse, slow you down. It is important that you choose a solution that works with your existing data and workflow as seamlessly as possible.
Remote Support Services
Whether you are working from home, or in the office, CCG can provide on-demand remote support, regardless of your setup.
CCG is here to help you choose the right resources for your needs. If there is anything we can do to keep you up-and-running, please let us know.